With spring almost here and the summer just around the corner, now’s the time for kitchen remodeling in West Chester. A well-designed kitchen remodel not only greatly enhances your enjoyment of your home; it also adds to your home’s overall value.
What follows are some of our favorite kitchen remodeling ideas:
- Replace upper cabinets with shelves. Sometimes all you need to make your kitchen feel more open and roomy is to replace your upper cabinets with shelving. Choose light materials and colors to maintain the feeling of space, and make sure to keep the shelves organized and uncluttered.
- Install a new countertop. Especially if you have a Formica or laminate countertop, upgrading to a brushed steel or marble one can not only give your kitchen a sleek new look but also add significantly to the value of your home.
- Install a designer sink and faucet. Nowadays, sinks and faucets come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Replace your old sink with a designer sink and matching faucet, and watch how your kitchen immediately looks brand new!
- Use splashes of color. If you’re tired of your kitchen’s color scheme, then a simple and relatively affordable way to update it is to paint the walls, ceiling, and cabinets. Complementary color schemes will give your kitchen a calmer feel, while bold, contrasting colors will make more of a visual impact.
- Upgrade your appliances. If your kitchen is 10 or more years old, it might be a good idea to upgrade your appliances. Not only will they be more energy efficient and safer, but they’ll also add a new design to the room.
Remember: kitchen remodeling can be difficult and time-consuming. If you’re not an experienced DIYer or if you simply don’t have the time to do it yourself, call Feehan Plumbing & Heating. We can help you install sinks and faucets, hook up your appliances, replace your fixtures, and even install complete kitchens! Of course, we also make sure that all the work complies with local building codes. So don’t wait any longer. Call us and find out how we can help!