Water Main Installation in Delaware County
Your main water line is what allows clean, safe water to flow from either the local water utility lines or your well to your home. As such, these lines need to be built to last, secure, and properly installed for the best functionality and dependability.
Because these lines are so crucial for supporting your daily life, it’s always important to make sure your installation is completed by a trained plumber. In fact, many jurisdictions have stringent regulations governing how a main water line should be installed, emphasizing the importance of proper licensing and the use of the right equipment.
The good news is that you can place your trust in Feehan Plumbing & Heating and our team of professional technicians. We are committed to adhering to these regulations while delivering you outstanding and efficient service. Our plumbers take every precaution to make sure they do the job to the best of their ability and to keep your property protected throughout the process.
Signs You May Need a Water Main Repair or Replacement
Homeowners often face a unique challenge when dealing with even minor problems in their main water line: these pipes are typically buried underground. This adds complexity to the repair or replacement process compared to addressing an issue with a water line elsewhere in your home. Unfortunately, these problems can linger unnoticed for extended periods, especially if there doesn’t appear to be any change in how your plumbing performs. However, there are clear signs and symptoms to watch out for:
- Reduced or Stopped Water Pressure: Reduced or halted water pressure affecting all areas of your home is a strong indicator of a compromised main water line.
- Mysterious or Persistent Lawn Puddles: The appearance of puddles on your lawn without any apparent source is a potential sign of an underground water line issue.
- Unexplained Water Sounds: Hearing dripping or running water when none of your plumbing fixtures are in use can suggest an unseen water line problem.
- Discolored Water: Water that appears brown or rusty can indicate corrosion or contaminants in your water main. This is a serious issue that may necessitate replacement to ensure safe and clean water.
- Surprising Water Bill Increases: A sudden and unexplained rise in your monthly water bills may signal a hidden water line issue.
In the world of water main installation, one method stands out for its efficiency and minimal disruption: trenchless pipe bursting. Feehan Plumbing & Heating offers this service to provide a faster and more cost-effective solution while causing minimal disturbance to your home and its surrounding areas. If you’re looking to replace your old, worn-out, or leaking water main, ask us about this option to see if it might be best for your situation.
Feehan Plumbing & Heating is always here for any plumbing issues you may encounter, including issues with your main water line. If you're in need of a water main replacement, contact Feehan Plumbing & Heating. We cater to all residents in Broomall, PA, as well as all of Delaware, Montgomery, and Chester Counties.
Here are a few reasons why trenchless installation is a great option for many homeowners:
- Minimal Digging: With trenchless pipe bursting, there's no need to dig up the entire length of the existing pipe. Instead, we insert a new pipe into the old one, bursting it apart as it goes. This means we no longer need to harm your beautiful yard to fix your problems.
- Fewer Inconveniences: Not only does trenchless pipe bursting save time and money, but it also minimizes the inconvenience caused to residents and businesses. Gone are the days of traffic detours, road closures, and a disrupted water supply.
- Accommodation: What sets trenchless pipe bursting apart is its ability to accommodate a variety of pipe materials and diameters. Whether it's clay, concrete, or PVC, this technique can handle it all. It's a versatile solution that ensures the replacement pipe is installed with precision.