Furnace Maintenance Tips
It is downright freezing here in Bucks County! There is no time like the present to have a good look at your heating furnace and ensure that all systems are in proper working order before the winter freeze arrives.
Your daily routine generally does not involve the furnace system. This is a system in your home that you rarely have to think about, which is great; however, ignoring it completely could cause some crazy chaos later on. In all honesty, there are a few different reasons why frequent furnace maintenance is crucial, and you will learn of some of these below.
Safety is the utmost concern with virtually anything and the same can be said of your home furnace. Without being properly maintained, there are a vast number of issues that could arise with your furnace. For example, a gas furnace is known to have the ability to accumulate soot, which can be a potential health risk if it makes its way through the vents and spreads throughout your home. What is even more dangerous than that is the potential risk that comes from the worn-out wire – ultimately a cruel fire hazard.
In addition to safety, a well-maintained furnace is extremely energy efficient. You are shelling out more money to run your filthy furnace and with the downward slump that our current economy is in, our checking account needs to make its way into the red. Without an efficiently operating furnace, you will notice higher electric or gas bills because the overall heating system is working significantly harder in order to generate the same amount of heat, which ultimately leads to extensive operating times.
Just as energy efficiency is important to save money in your wallet, money can also be saved by maintaining your furnace because you are eliminating the potential amount of costly repairs. A regular check-up on your furnace is going to be much more cost-effective than repair bills and repair parts. Routine maintenance can avoid the need for a brand-new furnace, which if ever needed, is an ample expense.
What’s Included in Furnace Maintenance
If you are not equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to perform proper furnace maintenance or have too much on your schedule to do so, give Feehan Plumbing & Heating a call at (610) 795-9327. We have professional, highly qualified technicians who can come out and perform any of the following maintenance steps:
- The replacement of standard air filters.
- Thoroughly check the gas lines for any leaks from the burners to the shutoff valves on your furnace.
- Properly adjust and thoroughly clean components.
- Properly adjust fan control for accurate rise in temperature and airflow.
- Calibrate the furnace thermostat.
- Lubricate any and all moving parts.
- Inspect the furnace’s heat exchanger.
- Thoroughly check the high limit in addition to any other safety controls on the furnace.
- Check the furnace’s thermocouple, and replace if deemed necessary.
- Thoroughly examine belts for general wear and tear and cracks.
- Properly test the gas pressure of the manifold as well as the combustion air openings, if deemed necessary.
- Examine proper burner operation, and clean if deemed necessary.
- As necessary, adjust and clean the furnace pilot.
- Examine the furnace flue for any obstructions.
- Properly tighten any and all electrical connections.
Call Feehan Plumbing & Heating today for furnace maintenance service, and start living warmer today!