What a Clean-Out is and Why You Should Have One
A clean-out is the part of a pipe that connects to a riser tube which provides an easily accessible opening at ground level. In most cases, clean-outs are located in basements or in outdoor areas of a home. The main reason they are so important to a plumbing system is that it makes maintenance on a sewer or drain line possible. Without this, you may be in for some serious digging to access the line.
Advantages of a Properly Installed Clean-Out
- A clean-out helps you always find where your sewer line runs. The next time it needs maintenance or repairs, you’ll know exactly where to look.
- During heavy rains, you can activate your clean-out to prevent flooding in your home.
- Clean-outs make all clogs accessible to professional drain cleaners with cables and blades. No clog will get buried too deep with a clean-out installed.
- If you end up with a drain line clogged and you need it to be cleared, the more clean-outs you have, the less expensive the job will be.
- Sewer line clean-outs leave little room for guesswork. In the event you need to clean out a line, we will be able to do so right at the source of the problem, instead of having to lift up your toilet to find it.
- Clean-outs make visual inspections possible on all of your fixtures. This is helpful because you will know for sure that all drains are flowing normally.
Are you ready to have a clean-out installed at your home? Call Feehan Plumbing & Heating today!