Are drain clogs causing you headaches? Well, at least you’re not alone. At one point or another, clogged drains will happen to just about every homeowner. Clogged drains are a common but immensely frustrating problem, and it often isn’t worth the stress of clearing them on your own. That’s why you call Feehan Plumbing — we get you the service you need when you need it, meaning you can get back to your daily life without having to worry about the sanitation or functionality of your home.
But still, did you ever wonder why drain clogs happen? They’re such a universal annoyance for homeowners that one has to wonder if there isn’t something people are doing wrong! The fact of the matter is that, even if you do take all of the necessary precautions to keep your drains up and running, it’s inevitable that you’ll require a professional cleaning at some point. That’s because:
- Over the course of 15 to 20 years, pipes can lose up to 80% of their flow capacity.
- Clogs can be caused by obstructions as small as a piece of dental floss!
- Some chemical cleaners destroy your pipe lines, so those treatments might hurt you in the long run.
- Pipes are supposed to receive regular maintenance to avoid residue buildup.
What is that “residue” that builds up on your pipe interiors and reduces flow capacity, anyway? It’s a combination of many things, actually:
- Our skin contains oils that come off when we shower or wash our hands
- Many homeowners dispose of grease by pouring it down the drain — but even if you don’t it can still come off of our plates when we wash them and wind up lining the pipe walls.
- Certain pipe materials (i.e. Orangeburg and cast iron) corrode on their own over time, forming sediment deposits that block material and create obstructions.
Having your drains regularly cleaned and maintained doesn’t have to be expensive or inconvenient — especially not when you call Feehan Plumbing & Heating! Our service professionals work round the clock to make sure that your home is comfortable and that our plumbing fits your schedule. Do you have drain pains in Bucks County? Call Feehan to make it right today!