Regular Maintenance Can Prevent Costly Repairs
Your furnace has been used in overdrive lately, with all this cold weather making it necessary to have your heat on all the time. Because of that, it may be no surprise that your system is not working to its utmost efficiency. It’s tired, it needs a break, and it may actually require some repairs as well.
In order to fully understand when it’s time to call in a Feehan Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling professional to repair your furnace, it’s important to know what the common furnace problems are. That way, you’ll be able to diagnose it and have it fixed as soon as possible.
Common Furnace Problems
- Thermostat malfunctions: You’ll notice that this is the problem when you have inconsistent temperatures throughout your home. If your thermostat doesn’t know what temperature to heat to, chances are it won’t heat at all, or it will heat too much. Both of those problems result in discomfort for you and your family.
- Lack of maintenance: It’s suggested that you have annual maintenance on your furnace to ensure it’s working properly, and that there are no faulty parts. Without this maintenance, small problems can turn into big, costly ones pretty quickly. If you can’t remember the last time you had your furnace checked up, then it’s probably time you call in a technician.
- Airflow problems: This will actually cause the system to overheat and shut down.
- Pilot or ignition control problems: If your home is getting little to no heat, this is probably the reason why. Pilot lights that won’t stay lit, or that won’t light at all, need to be repaired as soon as possible so that your home can go back to being heated as normal.
- Dirty or clogged air filters: It’s a good idea to change your air filters every couple of months because of how quickly they can get clogged up. When they do get clogged, it causes airflow and comfort problems, which we know you don’t want.
If you think it’s time for a furnace repair, don’t hesitate to call Feehan Plumbing & Heating. We want to make sure you and your family stay comfortable all winter long. Call us today!