Unfortunately, clogs happen to everyone. That’s exactly why, here at Feehan Plumbing & Heating, we offer round-the-clock emergency drain service! We know that the mess and inconvenience of a clogged sewer drain won’t wait for a better time, so why should your solution! You can call Feehan for assistance 24/7 and our team of experts will arrive in fully stocked trucks, ready to fix the problem and have you up and running again.
There are things you can do, too! Forming the following helpful habits can be a great way to avoid costly repairs on your plumbing and keep your sewer lines flowing smooth. Just remember the following tips:
- Avoid Chemical Drain Cleaners– When you’ve got a clog, it can be tempting to just run off to the store and pour some nasty, chemical formula down your drain to open it up again — but please refrain! Brand name drain cleaners that use chemicals, such as Drano, can provide fast relief, but over time they take a toll on the inside of your pipes. The chemicals can cause corrosion that results in more build-up, hurting rather than helping the flow capacity of your drains!
- Install a Back-Flow Valve– How many flash floods do you think we had here in Bucks County last year? Every time we get rain like that, the Feehan Plumbing & Heating experts wind up driving out to some poor homeowners house to fix a gross and expensive back-flow issue. The excess water overwhelms your system and can cause wastewater to come pouring out unless you have this handy tool.
- When in Doubt, Throw it Out– Don’t flush absorptive products down the drain, as these will expand when wet and cause trouble in Paradise. Feminine hygiene products, paper towels, and wetnaps are all examples of things that SHOULDN’T go down the drain! In the same way, you should never pour grease down your kitchen sink, as sticky substances tend to build up and cause blocks.
- Careful Landscaping– Planting trees in your yard is great, but don’t let the roots get too close to your underground sewer lines or they’ll start to intrude through the seams in search of moisture.
- Professional Maintenance– Remember, the Feehan Plumbing & Heating team always has your back! Anytime you have a drain problem, or if you just need a general maintenance to keep things running smoothly, our experts are here to help.
Drains causing you pain? Call Feehan Plumbing & Heating today for the best cure in town!